Dog and Cat Diabetes
Unheard of in Nutritionally Balanced Animals
Cat and dog diabetes drugs are often an unfortunate substitute for love, exercise, and herbal nutrients that promote holistic, natural wellness.
What is Diabetes?
Diabetes is an increasingly common chronic health problem in cats and dogs as well as in humans. For most people and pets, diabetes makes life a balancing act of maintaining blood sugar by eating at exact times and inflicting painful shots.
We can't explain to our cats and dogs why they need insulin shots, and administering the shots is a miserable experience for people and pets alike. Cats and dogs come to dread their insulin shots and run and hide when it is time for them.
Accepted Side Effects
Drugs designed to manage cat and dog diabetes are associated with a range of negative accepted side effects, including weight gain, digestive problems like nausea, diarrhea, constipation, and persistent stomach pain. Your pet may be drowsy and lethargic and have constant headaches. Furthermore, these drugs will elevate cholesterol and triglyceride levels, causing a range of other associated problems.
When insulin is injected it has been shown to decrease levels of Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) and DHEA-sulfate in the blood. A June 2008 study in the Journal of the American Geriatrics Society found that low levels of DHEA showed a significant association with shorter lifespans. Even if your pet doesn't die of an increased risk of heart attack or stroke, they are likely to live for a shorter time.
Cat and Dog Diabetes Addressed Naturally
If only there were a better way to address dog diabetes and lower blood sugar levels without using dangerous drugs and painful shots. What if there were a natural solution for the neuropathy, vision loss, incurable wounds, limb amputation, diabetic heart disease, and other painful symptoms of diabetes? In fact, a scientific laboratory study published in IOSR Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Science in 2021 identified more than 1,123 plant species used traditionally or experimentally to treat symptoms of diabetes mellitus.
Primalix Blood-Sugar Balance
- Primalix Blood-Sugar Balance is a completely natural herbal formula for cats and dogs that is free of the risks and side effects of conventional insulin injections and dog diabetes medication
- Human grade ingredients Fenugreek, Gymnema, Bitter melon, and Turmeric extracted in a proprietary blend of organic vegetable glycerin, apple cider vinegar, and crystal clear water
- Each ingredient proven in independent laboratory studies to have a range of positive effects on our pets but without the downside of dog diabetes drugs
- Convenient food drops that can go on any wet or dry food or be squeezed directly into your pet's mouth
Fenugreek Seed (Trigonella foenum-graecum) was found to significantly lower blood sugars, HbA1c, triglycerides and total cholesterol while raising HDL (good) cholesterol when added to the diet of type 2 diabetics in a controlled study conducted in the 1990s. In a controlled study of type 1 diabetics, fenugreek reduced blood sugar, urinary sugar excretion, serum cholesterol, and triglycerides, with no change in insulin levels.
Gymnema sylvestre has been found by research to stimulate insulin secretion. Japanese studies found improved glucose tolerance in dogs and cats with diabetes. There were beneficial effects for up to two months after use was discontinued. Another study found that Gymnema increased the permeability in the pancreas, allowing more insulin to go into the blood (Persaud et al., 1999; Shanmugasundaram KR et al., 1990).
Gymnema was found to go further than controlling elevated blood sugar levels. It also corrected metabolic derangements in the liver, kidney, and muscles. (Shanmugasundaram KR et al., 1983). Gymnemic acids found in Gymnema have been found to bind cholesterol so that it is excreted in the stool and to bind glucose with a common fatty acid in the intestine, reducing the intake of glucose into the blood.
Bitter Melon (Momordica charantia) has been used as a traditional remedy for diabetes in the Pacific and Indian Ocean for many years. According to several clinical trials, bitter melon extract lowers blood sugar in subjects with diabetes. Medicinal effects of bitter melon may come from its concentration of gurmarin, which is a polypeptide similar to bovine insulin. Gurmarin has been shown in animal studies to regulate sugar. In a controlled clinical trial of 100 patients with diabetes significant hypoglycemic action was observed (while fasting as well as after eating) in 86% of subjects when they were given liquid bitter melon.
Turmeric (Curcuma longa) combats insulin resistance so that even those pets that may become obese may be less likely to develop cat or dog diabetes. Turmeric is one of the safest, most effective and most studied of all herbs. The American Botanical Council's HerbMedPro currently lists 275 Clinical Trials, 188 Observational Studies/Case Reports, and 69 Traditional and Folk Uses for Turmeric's Evidence for Efficacy in addition to 859 Animal Studies for Turmeric's Evidence of Activity.
- Sidesteps negative side effects associated with prescription insulin drugs, like weight gain, nausea, diarrhea, drowsiness, headaches, etc.
- Supports a healthy pet body that enjoys the freedom from damage caused by cat or dog diabetes, such as "incurable" diabetic wounds and neuropathy
- Alcohol-free extraction solvent (menstruum) consists of a proprietary blend of organic vegetable glycerin, apple cider vinegar, and crystal-clear water
- Uses only herbal compounds listed in the British Herbal Pharmacopoeia and the American Herbal Pharmacopoeia for dog diabetes and cat diabetes\
There are no known drug interactions with any of our ingredients, but each dog and cat is unique, and blood sugar levels should be tested often while on any dog diabetes or cat diabetes therapy.
- Cats and small dogs (up to 20 lbs.): 1/2 dropper twice daily
- Medium dogs (21 to 60 lbs.): 1 dropper twice daily
- Large dogs (61 to 100 lbs.): 2 droppers twice daily
- Giant dogs (101 lbs. and up) 3 droppers twice daily
NOTE: One "dropper" equals one squeeze of the black bulb (1.0mL), which fills the pipette about half full. Refrigerate after opening.
NOTE: Primalix Blood-Sugar Balance® is not recommended for pregnant or nursing dogs or cats.